Start of Term (Hogwarts)

The Harry Potter books focused on the lives of Hogwarts students, but this story centers around the teachers and staff members who are in charge of educating and protecting these magical children. Set in approximately the Cursed Child time period, it follows the stories of the guardians and caretakers who keep Hogwarts safe. With great power comes great responsibility... and lots of magical headaches.
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Re: Start of Term (Hogwarts)

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Eve Travers

"Shrieking Shack," Eve mused. "Yes. Good idea. The real Bale must be close. If the impostor is going to pretend to be a student, can't keep the prisoner far away - hard to sneak out as a kid."

Getting into the Shrieking Shack, though, was going to be a challenge. After all the hijinks that had gone on there in the time of the Dark Lord, the building was much more carefully locked down now, both magically and otherwise - and it had been almost impossible to get into in the first place.

"Any ideas for how?" Eve asked. "I don't really know much. From before."

At the time the Death Eaters had used the Shrieking Shack, Eve had been pregnant with Liam and hadn't really been in on many of the plans. In a way, that was a mercy, but at times like this, it meant she lacked knowledge that might have helped.
Quaxo9
Secundae

Post by Quaxo9 »

Rosemary Bain

"The Headmistress may be our best bet, once again. I have no doubt that she would have had a hand in protecting the children from the hazards presented by a dilapidated piece of history we all would be better off forgetting. But..." she paused, the anger from being played by not-Bale dissolving into the thrill of problem solving, "perhaps we don't need to go inside. What if we use the human presence revealing spell to see if there's anyone inside the building? If there is, then we have a reason to get in. If not, then we can still inform the Headmistress of what is going on and turn our focus elsewhere."
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Cambria Morehouse

"Yes, good idea," Cambria agreed thoughtfully. She paused for a moment, then added gently, "Eve, I think you should go back. It's not that we don't want you here, but I'm worried about Barclay. If he finds out you're not in the dungeon... I'm so sorry. But I don't want to give him an excuse. You'll get your pardon. But in the meantime..."

Eve nodded. "You're right. Have to be careful of him."

She still remembered how he had cornered her in the classroom. How he had hit her. Threatened her. How scared she had been. She shuddered.

Cambria smiled sadly at her. Then, very gently, she kissed Eve on the cheek.

Eve felt her knees weaken, and she smiled in spite of herself. "See you," she said. As she walked back to the castle, she kept her hand pressed to her cheek where the kiss had landed.

Cambria was a little red when she turned back to Rosemary, but remained businesslike. "After you!" she said.