Start of Term (Hogwarts)

The Harry Potter books focused on the lives of Hogwarts students, but this story centers around the teachers and staff members who are in charge of educating and protecting these magical children. Set in approximately the Cursed Child time period, it follows the stories of the guardians and caretakers who keep Hogwarts safe. With great power comes great responsibility... and lots of magical headaches.
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Re: Start of Term (Hogwarts)

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Eve Travers

Eve breathed out a slow sigh of relief at the word 'free.'

"Yes," she said. "Something to celebrate. That will be nice. And being out of the dungeons. Can I still stay with you, Cambria?"

"Of course you can, Eve."

"Thank you."

The Potions Mistress was the happiest she'd been in... well, ever. But she was very conscious that the work was not finished yet. The real Anthony Bale was still missing. They still had no idea who was responsible for Keeva's poisoning that Barclay had tried to blame on Eve. And Cambria still bore the blood curse that made her a Maledictus, and time would someday run out on that.

It was a lot. But for today, Eve was starting to see a solution for at least one of their problems.

"First, though," Eve said. "An idea. We think the person wearing Bale's skin is using Polyjuice because the spell didn't work. Polyjuice... you know, it doesn't last long. They'll need to make more, and soon. And the ingredients for it are hard to get. Not just things you can go buy."

Cambria nodded, starting to follow. "So instead of trying to track the culprit, we find the source of the ingredients that will lead us to them. Smart. Where would they get the ingredients?"

"From Hogwarts, only one place," Eve said. "I have what they need in Potions storage. They'll steal it from me. So my idea is... we let them. Can't make it too easy or they'll suspect, but let them break in. Then we'll see who it is, and we can watch them or use the ingredients to track where they go. Um. What do you think?"
Quaxo9
Secundae

Post by Quaxo9 »

Rosemary Bain

Things were finally coming together. She'd placed a ward on hers and Cambria's old rooms to keep her finger on them and any potential squatters out. At the time, she'd been certain that it wouldn't be long before Eve was acquitted and Barclay's insane rules quashed for good. Now, she felt especially good to be able to return everyone to the places where they might feel some attachment. If nothing else, Lucie and Keeva would be happy for some fresh air. Which brought to mind - the rat incident. Rosemary's head rose as she peeked over her shoulder at an over-and-done McGonagall.

"I think that's a great idea, Eve. But I also think it is time to fill in the Headmistress on everything. We may not have all our proof, but we need to tell her what we suspect."
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Eve Travers

Eve nodded. She knew Rosemary was right. But... she hesitated.

"I'm afraid," Eve admitted. "McGonagall has been so nice. She got me out of Azkaban. She believed in me. What if she thinks I made all this happen? What if she...?"

It wasn't that she expected to be sent back to Azkaban. That fear seemed to have been taken off the table definitively - at least for the immediate future, though some of Liam's goblin revolutionary activities concerned her a little.

"What if she gets angry? Hates me? I don't want her to hate me, or regret... or think it's bad that I'm here? Sorry..."