Start of Term (Hogwarts)

The Harry Potter books focused on the lives of Hogwarts students, but this story centers around the teachers and staff members who are in charge of educating and protecting these magical children. Set in approximately the Cursed Child time period, it follows the stories of the guardians and caretakers who keep Hogwarts safe. With great power comes great responsibility... and lots of magical headaches.
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Re: Start of Term (Hogwarts)

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Cambria Morehouse

Bale regarded Rosemary with wide, puzzled eyes.

"I don't remember," he said worriedly.

"That's alright," Cambria said. "You've been through a lot. It's not surprising that you're confused." She wondered if the boy had hit his head - or if Darren had hit him. That wouldn't surprise her, and would explain the confusion.

Bale shook his head. "I don't remember... who are you? Who are all of you? Where am I?"

"We're your teachers," Cambria said. "You're safe. You're at Hogwarts."

"...Hogwarts...?" Bale repeated, uncomprehending.

Cambria looked at Eve and Rosemary. "Oh dear," she said.
Quaxo9
Secundae

Post by Quaxo9 »

Rosemary Bain

Oh dear, indeed. Spell, potion or trauma? Combination thereof?

"It's alright, it's alright. How about we start with what you know. Do you remember your name? Maybe name the last thing you remember."

She still wanted to get the boy out of there and to someplace safer, but if he was in this confused state...he may not wish to go. The last thing they needed was a scene. A scene that Darren might be able to use to his advantage. She poked her head out of the room, located Lucie and nodded at the jackdaw.

"I need you to go find that other Bale. Quietly. Let me know where he is."

The jackdaw bobbed her head and flew off. While she should be doing the looking, Lucie could cover more ground. Hopefully the man didn't recognize her...
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Cambria Morehouse

Anthony Bale's brow furrowed as he searched his memory. "I don't remember... not much... I think I live in a place with a lot of other kids?"

Cambria nodded encouragingly. "Yes, that's right," she said. As an aside to the others by way of explanation in case they didn't know, Cambria said, "Bale lives in a children's home when he isn't at school." Then addressing the boy again, she said, "What else do you remember?"

Bale closed his eyes. "I... I don't know. It's fuzzy. My name? I... I don't remember my name!"

It was clear he was starting to get alarmed. Cambria patted his hand reassuringly.

"It's okay," she said. "I know it's scary not to be able to remember, but you're going to be alright. Your name is Anthony Bale. You're at your school, Hogwarts. You will be safe here. I think something happened - you got injured, or sick. We're going to take you somewhere that can help."

"Hospital Wing?" Eve asked.

Cambria nodded. This was beyond what the three of them could accomplish, and tinkering with the boy's brain could do more harm than good. "We just have to make sure we don't have any... unwelcome visitors. Once Lucie confirms where Darren is, we'll move."

It wouldn't be long before Lucie would report that the Other Bale was in the owlery. What he was doing there was concerning, but at least he wouldn't interfere with getting Bale to the Hospital Wing.

"We'll need a way of protecting him," Cambria said. "Once Darren figures out what he's missing, Bale will be in danger."