Under the Bright Lights

The war between Vampires and Lycans has ended, but an even deadlier threat has risen: Humanity. The world of immortals is a secret no longer, and terrified humans seek to exterminate the source of their fear. Vampires, Lycans, and other immortal species now hide themselves, struggle to survive, and fight back. Their future and their very existence are at stake.
Quaxo9
Sigil Bearer

Re: Under the Bright Lights

Post by Quaxo9 »

Riff

"Oh, right on. We'll have a trio then at the very least!"

Riff rubbed the back of his neck and looked behind him at the Pack members setting up, then set an eye on the woods behind them.

"Yeah, heh, not been much surprises for me in that sorta sense in a long time. But uh, you don't seem too surprised about the Fae? I guess, Clare told you about that when you moved in, eh? You're taking the news pretty good. Not everyone takes to finding out about our lot so well. Anyhou, glad to meet you - should be a good time tonight. We brought marshmallows."

He added the last bit in a conspiratorial tone and gave Sofie a wink.
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Elijah McDermott

For a moment, Elijah looked very, very nervous. He cast a wary sidelong glance at his uncle.

Then, carefully, he said, "Aunt Clare... that wasn't the first time I heard. Sorry, Uncle Declan. I guess I should've said something. I just wasn't sure what to say. Before my dad started drinking so much, he made some new friends. A group of guys he would hang out with all the time. At first I thought it was just the normal good ole boy stuff, but then it became... more than that. These guys knew all about Fae. They believed in them. They hated them. My dad listened to them. Then he decided he hated Fae too."

Declan turned pale.

"Well, that.. probably answers the question about how those guys in Germany knew about Clare," Declan said with forced calm.
Quaxo9
Sigil Bearer

Post by Quaxo9 »

Riff

Well, shit.

For some reason, it had never occurred to him that the Cold Iron Brotherhood might have members in this Fae-friendly town. Despite the fact that the township had also, until recently, housed Nazi werewolves. It just made his blood run cold to find out that this safe haven...was not so safe. He glanced at Maria and pulled her imperceptibly closer.

"Well, pretty glad you brought it up now, Elijah. Um, are there a lot of these guys? I mean, not saying that I'm gonna start anything, but I'd kinda like to know who to keep clear of. I got some people who are important to me relying on me being able to do that."
Monkey Kitty
Steward

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Elijah McDermott

"There aren't a lot on this island," Elijah said. "At least not that I know of. Dad would get together with four or five of them at a time - always the same guys. I don't think there are more than that around here. He went to the mainland with them once, though. I think they met up with more there. It was after they came back that Dad really started drinking a lot. I guess whatever he saw and heard there, whatever they did... it really bothered him."

Whatever had transpired, though, Elijah had never been told. Had his father seen something horrible? Or been forced to participate in something that went beyond his comfort zone? He had no idea, because his father had refused to speak of it, and when Elijah had asked, the reaction that resulted was the first time he had ever been scared of his father.

The first... but not the last. The drinking had escalated. So had the anger. Then it had finally erupted in the beating that had landed Elijah in the care of Uncle Declan and Aunt Clare.